Running the tests¶
pypond/tests/interop_test.py) that will require some additional setup.
- It will check to find the
nodeexecutable somewhere in the path. If it is not found, those tests will fail.
- The Pond source will need to be checked out at the same level “alongside” of the pypond source and then execute
npm installfollowed by
npm run buildat the root level of the pond source. (Running
npm run buildshould be a formality, but is included just in case the
pond/libdirectory was not properly regenerated from
pip install -r dev-requirements.txtand then run
nosetestsfrom either the source root or test directory (
pipcommand will also install pypond in “develop” mode.
That particular test sends the data on a round trip by:
- generating the wire format using the Python structures
- sends it to an external script run by
nodeas an arg
- which reconstitutes the wire format as a JS structure
- then the JS structure is used to generate the wire format again
- wire format is returned to the calling unit test over stdout
- a new Python structure is created with the incoming wire format
- that structure is checked against the original data the first TimeSeries was created from.
All of the other tests are just standard-issue Python unit tests.
The tests can also be referred to as a fairly complete set of examples as well.